1. I realized just now that I missed blogging, I'm here, kids, I'm not slipping or falling away from the blogosphere.
2. Most of the things I feel moved to write about right now would reveal to you the city I live in, the job I have, the darkness that slides around behind my heart.
3. If you commit yourself to enjoying the aesthetics of your situation, and you are creative, you can enjoy almost anything.
4. Right now I'm curled with a ceramic mug of ginger tea, scattered white pages of math, wrapped in a HUGE gray cardigan, my bare feet on a red footstool -- this is all most pleasant because of #3. I'm not sure the math test tomorrow will be quite as charming.
5. Something has shifted this week such that I have been enjoying my job a lot more than recently. Maybe because of the abstract sent off to a MajorNationalAssociation (MNA), or because I got to spend time with reference librarians (and really, what more can you ask for in a day's work?) Maybe because of some chemical tweaking that I am not privy to, in any case. I feel better there and more engaged. This is good.
6. I get to see Female to Femme next week. I'm excited to the core, and I shall have most excellent company.
7. By the end of the summer, I will be leaving my quirky yellow garret room, and I'm almost sad about that. But then, maybe my next room will have a closet, maybe?
8. I hate that my google account follows me wherever I go on the web, particularly when I am signed into email as *me* and I want to leave comments on blogs as *Corinne*. Has anyone figured out a loophole for this?
9. I bought some color coded folders this week to organize my life into. I'm very excited, but still haven't taken them out of my messenger bag. That said, my messenger bag is a good deal more tidy than this, though also a bit less interesting.
10. Next weekend, I'm going to be home in HarborCity, right now the only things I have planned are a film and a morning of writing by myself in a coffeeshop. I also desperately want to scrub the kitchen floor and make sourdough. It will have been almost two months since I've had such a weekend. 10 more days until I can be the homebody I really am.
11. For the next four days I'll be in BlueCity, RedState visiting TP ... and my aunt and uncle, and my mother and sisters will also be down there -- it's a big get together that was *totally* not my idea, and hopefully will not be too awfully stressful. But then, what could be more stressful that using the simplex method to solve the dual problem in game theory (see #4)?
Oh, right, sisters and mother and food and alcohol and the opportunity to wear bathing suits. Catch'ya on the flipside.