Thursday, September 28, 2006

Tipsy Thursday

So, have I mentioned that I'm auditing a calculus class?

I'm auditing a calculus class. Sure, I'm in over my head, but I've been there before, after all, I did take Macroeconomic Theory in Spanish -- which means I can explain policies in response to inflation - but only in espanol. I came home from work and did math homework for too long, and then L. came home and made dinner and then we talked (briefly) about backpacking next weekend and then we went out to the new *lounge*. Complete with boring quintet and sexy bartender -- I had a tequila, cassis, ginger ale concoction and then a Johnny Walker black on the rocks. Because a girl who drinks whisky is a girl indeed. If you know what I mean.

Now, I'm tipsy and blogging. Life could be worse.

Thursday is sleepy identity crisis day. I stay up late Wednesdays because of workshop and the high that follows and then Thursday morning I go to a "work in progress" research seminar that inspires me to be a social policy analyst -- and then I play with data all day wondering whether to unravel racism and classism for the rest of my life or just leave and write a novel.

Tomorrow:
9am: Integrals with pretentious undergrads
10-12:30: Data, hopefully meeting with Boss #2
12:30: Lunch with EconMentor
1:30-5:Editing for Boss #1
6-whenevah: Dinner with friend and roomies, carrot soup, baked apple thing, and maybe a bottle of wine.

Sounds like an okay day. Except for the integrals. Grrr.



P.S. What do the beginning stages of alcoholism look like?

No comments: