Thursday, September 07, 2006

Update from la Casa del Matrimonio

  • It's Thursday morning at 7:15. I woke up about an hour ago, but just rolled downstairs to have some coffee because I decided that you 'can't argue with awake'. My mother is doing some intense calculations about surface area and volume -- and creamcheese butttercream frosting for the wedding cake. We are the only two people awake and that is pretty nice.
  • Yesterday I had the totally bizarre experience of being a tourist in my own state -- scenic factories, scenic scenes, heck, even scenic fried food. We also worked in the garden some. All of this with an entourage of 16 people, three of them under the age of four. I got to be a fun auntish person - which is awesome, once these kids are married they better get to some procreating. (That IS what marriage is for, right?)
  • On the docket for today: the tent, my uncle, Sister M.D., my father, and the port-a-potty all have scheduled arrival times.
  • Biggest Joy: Seeing so many people who love Sister, Esq. and her partner gathering in one place and truly celebrating them.
  • Biggest Fear: That I'm just too f*cked up to ever do this, I may just not be the marrying type. Not sure what to do with that.
  • Up Next: Apparently there is a half-and-half shortage that needs to be addressed before the brides want coffee.

3 comments:

belledame222 said...

What kind of scenic fried food?

Corinne said...

it's more just that everything is "scenic" or "quaint" -- could i have another adjective, please, for something. i think that even the food could be scenic -- or at least distinctive to the region and we seem to specialize in things that are sweet here, or based on milk fat -- not that i'm complaining on either front.

greymatters said...

Half-n-half truly is a balm for marriage ... but then mebbe that's just me ... LOL.