Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Crazy Week Wrap-Up

  1. TP is flying into town tonight... I'm bursting at the seams with excitement, nearly waltzed out of the office tonight, and am now hunkered down with a "Jumping Cow Amber Ale", a pile of dirty laundry, and pop music. Tomorrow we are driving to my father's house in NewEnglandState, and spending a few days with him before heading to my mother's. Hopefully at my father's the sleeping spaces will be first come first serve because then TP and I will get the one with, you know, the *door that closes*. I might be making some coffee soon to be able to stay up.
  2. GM, this will be of particular interest. Last Saturday my housemates and I hosted 20 people for a Thanksgiving feast. It was *amazing*. I really don't think that any one event that I've hosted has ever made me this happy. It was a fun blend of people, who didn't know each other beforehand. The food was also amazing. Cornbread hazelnut stuffing, and the pumpkin chiffon pie were my personal highlights, though the turkey was also amazing.
  3. Check out this Apple ad, click on the Better Results TV ad. As we all know, usually I love Apple, and I admit that I find their computers sexy. But this is a little bit too much like "First we will objectify the woman, then we will objectify the fake woman who is a work in progress, and of whom its creator is ashamed." Am I crazy that this is a little screwy?

3 comments:

greymatters said...

How cool on the T-giving dinner! The cornbread/hazelnut stuffing sounds SPECTACULAR! I am so glad you have a bunch of new friends to share those sorts of meals/rituals/gatherings.

Whooo-hooo! WTG.

You have a good Thanksgiving with the fam. I hope you get the room with the door that closes ;-).

ben said...

Have a great time with TP...and yeah, it's not just you. Their ads in general have been getting tone deaf, and that on in particular is just off.

belledame222 said...

cornbread-hazelnut sounds -fab.- likewise pumpkin chiffon pie.