Thursday, August 17, 2006

Queer Books For Queer Kids

Ok, kids. Here's the deal. There is a homeless shelter for LGBTQI [henceforth queer] youth in HarborCity, thing is they don't have a library that reflects this at all. So, in response, some folks from QueerOpenMic and the Workshop are collecting books to donate to their library (and potentially donate to other like-minded shelters nationwide).

Growing up queer is hard enough, growing up queer and homeless -- well, I can't write about that, I'm too blessed to be able to imagine it fully. But if you have any books, 'zines, movies, chapbooks ETC. that are lying around your abode that you aren't still reading/watching-- please consider sending them.

How do you send them?

Well, first you email me at corinneblogger@gmail.com. Then I perform some test wherein I determine whether you are an ax murderer and in which I ask you to protect my pseudonymity (sp?) -- then I email you my snail mail address and you mail them to me. I know that postage is expensive, but hey, they created media mail for a reason.

Think about it.

Oh, and the only guideline is that you can't send anything that is explicitly and solely erotica.

(Now, if you want to just send that to me, I'm not saying I wouldn't be grateful).

1 comment:

Corinne said...

um, i hate comment spam -- as in that up there above this comment. comment moderation is on. bear with me.
-c