Thursday, June 15, 2006

Adventures of a Pretentious Tote Bag

1. This is the news and notes post, I seem to tend to write more than one post at a time, one more issues based, the other more newsy. I write and post the newsier one first, so it is further down on the page, I do this to clear my brain of some of the detritus and because I figure that people who just show up here, should read about what I'm actually thinking about and not my mental detritus.

2. My left hand has been cramping really badly over the past couple of days. I can't make a fist and several of the my fingers are in constant tingle mode. I helped Sister, M.D. paint her apartment this morning, and she diagnosed it as a simple strained muscle, but man, does it hurt.

3. I went out to the Human Resources Office at NewJob and they gave me many brochures and pamphlets that I may or may not read, and they gave me a v. pretentious tote bag in university colors with their logo on it, and I mean, really? Could we be more dorky? On the other hand, on the train ride home I realized how useful it was, despite it's dorkage. I'm lost.

4. Sister, Esq. and her partner are going to be in town tomorrow and are staying with me. I feel a little angsty about this because, well, my house is nuts over the next couple months, by July 20th the people who actually will be living here for the next twelve months will be the only people here, but until then it's a little revolving door. This would be fine, except most of it is imposed by my people. On the other hand, I get so little time with Sister, Esq. and her partner and adore them both so much, that I don't really want to sacrifice any of that.

2 comments:

Weezy said...

Sounds like maybe carpal tunnel-- especially if it is your writing hand...

Corinne said...

Yes, I was ready to agree with you, but Sister, MD found a very noticeable knot and hopefully with massage, ibuprofen, and the like it will dissolve and my life will go back to normal,and I'm right-handed.