Sunday, June 04, 2006

Therapy, of a Kind

It was my first full day here in LiberalCity and TP and I were jumpy, on edge, not quite used to each other and jumping at each other constantly. We get like this after not having seen each other for a while... it takes us a while to get back into our rhythms.

TP had therapy in the afternoon, and after that we went to a bar with a couple friends and commenced the boozing process. Which is to say we ordered margaritas. After those were had, I was debating whether to have another drink -- but not just any other drink a "Mexican Martini", which is like a martini, but with tequila (yes, there is a God).

Me: Should I get another drink?
TP: Do you want one?
Me: Well, as much as this makes me sound like a budding alcoholic, I think it would take the edge off and calm me down a bit.
TP: Well, it's only fair you didn't have therapy

We kiss. I buy a martini.

No comments: