Friday, October 27, 2006

A List of Five

  1. Right now, I'm doing that classic Friday night thing -- drinking beer, watching television, and blogging. Okay, well, at least the beer and television are classic.
  2. I've been writing and thinking a lot about butch/femme. I know that that line alone has made some of your ears perk up. I'll get back to you. Yes, this is in part been prompted by my illusions of grandeur and Maria Angeline's call for submissions. Truth of the matter is that I've been writing more, which is part of why I've been seeming a bit scarce around these parts. But the files are piling up, in my Documents\writing folder and someday the better ones may see the light of day.
  3. I went for a run on Wednesday morning, and I've only weighed myself once this week. Both of these are good things.
  4. I agreed to take on five more hours a week of research time. In some ways it's great. Doing more research, more, always more is the key to the game. It means that some of time that I spend working on PotentialCoAuthorship Project will be paid. I need to broach the "taking work home" subject. Because while I think that I'm happy to take on five more hours a week in front of a computer thinking about economics, I'm not sure that I want to spend more time in front of *that* particular computer. The work I do is pretty portable, and I don't really think that my boss will mind but I'm still nervous about bringing it up. (By the way, it's really funny to refer to a professor as a boss, because he doesn't have any of that boss vibe to him).
  5. My dear, dear friend B. played her guitar and sang songs that she had written and we were all there sitting in a coffeeshop while she *featured* at our local OpenMic and clapped like mad. It was a good night.

No comments: