Thursday, October 05, 2006

Songs In My Head

So, I've been remiss in my blogging efforts the past few days because I've been getting ready for my backpacking trip this weekend. On the other hand -- I'm going to be hiking up there for the next three days, and 25 miles. Ok, except tomorrow because I have to go to work and play with data.

But before I leave, a meme (my first!) from the lovely GreyMatters over at LobalWarming.

Seven songs in my head *right now* (in no particular order):
1. Thea Gilmore, Call Me Your Darling
I love the term of endearment darlin', especially coming from TP, and this song is happy and upbeat and yet yearning at the same time.
2. Indigo Girls, Lay My Head Down
Sometimes I feel this tired, and this in need of someone to hold me tight.
3. Leonard Cohen, Tower of Song
Always a fav.
4. Old Crow Medicine Show, Down Home Girl
"Every time you move like I've got to go to Sunday class ... your perfume is made out of turnip greens, every time I kiss you, girl, it tastes like pork n' beans" It is just so inexplicably sexy.
5. Black Cadillac, Roseanne Cash
I spend too much time thinking about death, this album helps me do it to a tune, with good rhythm.
6. Ordinary Town, Dave Carter and Tracy Grammer
Thinking about home, where I'm happy and find my peace -- very ordinary.
7. Not Pretty Enough, Kasey Chambers
"Is my heart too broken?" Good question, my lady, good question.

If I were a flirt, I would flirt with Sly, Jack, and Prof. Weezy.

4 comments:

greymatters said...

LOL ... if you were a flirt, eh? Heh.

Great list, Corinne. I especially liked the Roseanne Cash.

Enjoy the backpacking! The outdoors is fun, no? :-)

Winter said...

I love Thea Gilmore and Leonard Cohen.

Weezy said...

Back at you ***wink wink******

Chris C. said...

"If...?"

;-)