Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Best Quote

So, on Monday, when I gave my notice, there were a couple of key quotes that came out of the mouth of the Executive Director of my organization. But my all time favorite was this:
C: I think I want to do more policy and economic research in my next job.
ED: Yes, that makes sense. It's been slowing dawning on me that we haven't...um... utilized your talents and skills as... efficiently as we might have.
C (REALLY? You think I'm qualified to do more than answer emails and photocopy? Are you sure? When exactly did this occur to you, ED?) : (faint smile and mumblings)

Priceless.

3 comments:

Weezy said...

Beautiful. You're rivaling luckybuzzz for being my idol. I want to tell my boss to take this job and shove it too :)

Corinne said...

Let me be clear that all those words in parentheses stayed in my brain... So I'm not sure if I can compete for idol status, but I'm flattered.

Weezy said...

Nah....I got that, but you made the move which gets points!