Monday, April 24, 2006

Deflated Bridgebuilder

I am one deflated bridgebuilder.

Anyone, anywhere want to say something to cheer me up? It's gray and raining, I have to walk across town for a meeting, I just found out that CoolResearchJob no longer exists unless I relocate to MidAtlanticCity. I'm giving notice at my job this afternoon, and I am, in the words of my amazing mentor, freefalling. So I can't blog about race like I meant to, or the potato rosemary foccacia I made, or my dreams, or masculinity in fringe cultural spaces. Cheer me up and I'll think about it. If things continue like this, I'm buying medicinal whiskey on the way home and quilting all night.

4 comments:

Weezy said...

We still love ya? Does that help? :)

Corinne said...

thanks, weezy, it does help a little. but for now i defer blogging to do the kind of writing i hate most -- the cover letter.

ben said...

i am a firm beleiver in medicial whiskey...old and irish, or kentucky too.

hope things sort themselves out...

Weezy said...

Ugh.... I hate cover letters. Hope you successfuly gave birth to it!