Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Back Porch Blogging: An Update

Right now I'm sitting on my backporch using Roommate L's computer to blog. My computer is packed cozily into my carry-on luggage so that I can fly to RedState this evening to go see TP for two weeks. I wish I had a digital camera so that I could post a picture from this porch. I love it, it is one of the best things about this apartment, and I really feel like I have my own private treehouse when I'm out here.

My weekend was wonderful, and totally insane. Friday night, I was flying because I had left OldJob and gotten New(nee Dream)Job, so I drank many Dark and Stormies and snuck into the graveyard up the street and it was all *delicious*. I spent a lot of Saturday helping a sister with a broken car, and driving her through HarborCity to her new place to help her paint and thither and fro. The rest of Saturday I forgot eat lunch, then I went for a run, then I waited three hours to eat, and then ate a LOT of chinese food before falling asleep.

Sunday was my birthday. I woke up next to a doctor. How did this happen you ask? Isn't TP a doctoral student thousands of miles away. Yes, I woke up next to my sister, who recently became an MD. Now, unlike many, my sister is absolutely adorable when she's sleeping, and so I rolled over and watched her sleeping and thought how nice it was that she was moving to HarborCity and then I did a total double take because I realized that the person I was in bed with was VERY well-educated. I don't know why this struck me... but, well, I'd never slept with a doctor before. Sunday night I had a lovely party with barbeque, beer and friends. I have yet to be given a book for my birthday, which is perfect because I have far too much to read as it is.

Tonight I'm flying to RedState to see TP. We will spend most of our time in Liberal City, but we will take a detour to DarkRedState to visit TP's ancestral home and I will meet hir father. I will keep you all posted. In driving from RedState to DarkRedState we might drive through New Orleans, and I will definitely blog about then if/when it happens.

Some things to read:
-- Jackadandy's post on outdressing the grooom at a wedding.
-- Mamita's post on marriage. I'll get back to that later.
-- FarmGirl thinks of something so delicious I wanted to eat it off my screen.

3 comments:

belledame222 said...

Farmgirl's blog is great; thanks for the pointer...

Chris C. said...

*grin* I am especially fond of waking up with doctors---adore those VERY well-educated femmes, oo-la-la!

I wish you a wonderful interlude with TP. Hmmm, I wonder if the T will affect your romance as much as TP gaining the doctorate... ;)

Thanks for the link, and...happy birthday!

greymatters said...

Doctors are wonderful, in all varieties.

Enjoy your visit, MB. May you have wonderful moments ...