Monday, May 22, 2006

Cold Beer and Remote Control*

I had my second interview at DreamJob today and I think it went fine. I didn't get a strong gut feeling in either direction. The people I talked to were certainly interesting and nice, and I hope they liked me as much as I liked them and their shiny, sparkling research projects.

I'm heading home in a few minutes. Tonight we are giving our friend the check for the car, and then roommate L. and I will own a car together -- and I will officially have wheels to escape to friends still at ELAC and the idyllic ancestral home, and more mundane destinations like a decent grocery store.

And yes, I am also looking forward to having one of the cold beers that are currently residing in my fridge. I don't know whether there will be a remote control in my evening since the only thing we have from Netflix right now is a Jim Jarmusch movie about New Orleans, which feels like an undertaking. I might not be rated for an undertaking, especially since I didn't really sleep last night on account of the nerves about the interview.

*I love this Indigo Girls song, even though, apparently they were bad for music.

2 comments:

Weezy said...

Congrats on both vehicle and interview...

Like Cold Beer-- good album in general. Current favorite is working my way through "Rarities"

Current fav "let me go easy" followed by "Winthrop"

Best cover HAS to be "Mona Lisa and Mad Hatters"

Corinne said...

i want to listen to "rarities"
*sigh*